Frequently Asked Questions About The Little Things
What is The Little Things for Cancer?
The Little Things for Cancer is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (Federal Tax ID # 20-4490168) dedicated to improving the quality of life for cancer patients and their caregivers. We serve patients and their caregivers who live in or are being treated in Maryland, being treated at Lahey Medical Center in Peabody & Burlington, Massachusetts or at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. . We understand that the needs of each person are unique and will be different throughout the process of receiving care. We offer support to each family based upon their particular needs at that time. Our goal is to improve the quality of life by reducing stress and anxiety for the person affected by cancer and those closest to them.
What services does The Little Things offer?
The Little Things fund services such as:
- Prescription Payment Assistance
- Complementary Therapies
- Utility Bill Assistance
- House Cleaning
- Much More
How can I help?
We’re always looking to expand our ability to improve the quality of life of persons living with cancer. There are many ways that you can get involved and support these efforts:
- Host your own fundraising event to benefit The Little Things
- Volunteer your time at events
- Volunteer your expertise
- Become a provider
- Become a corporate sponsor
- Donate money, event tickets, gift certificates or gift cards for gas, groceries, pharmacy items, dining, movies and similar
For more information please contact us at 443-228-8584 or sign up to volunteer.
What hospitals and treatment centers does The Little Things serve?
Currently, The Little Things for Cancer is partnered with the following Maryland hospitals: Howard County General, Mercy Medical Center, Shady Grove Adventist, St. Agnes, Suburban Medical Center, Anne Arundel Medical Center, Greater Baltimore Medical Center and Washington Adventist, In addition, we are partnered with and serving patients and their caregivers at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington D.C., Lahey Medical Center in Peabody and Burlington, Massachusetts and at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, Florida. We do have additional funds for patients being treated at other Maryland hospitals and we will be expanding our services in the future to include additional hospitals and treatment centers.
How do I obtain services for myself or a caregiver?
Services are coordinated through the social workers and staff of the hospitals served by The Little Things. Presently, those contacts are:
- Howard County General Hospital ##Diane Tollick 410-740-5858
- Washington Adventist – Michell Manu 240-471-3561
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center – Sarah Jacque 443-849-2961
- Mercy Medical Center – Jessica Payne 410-951-7937
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital – Lindsey Wise 240-826-2011
- St. Agnes Hospital – Jen Broaddus 410-368-2970
- Suburban Hospital – Barbara Doherty 301-896-6782
- Anne Arundel Medical Center – Amy Tissiere 443-481-5830
Washington D.C. Hospital
- Children’s National Medical Center ##Rheana Camejo 202-476-4106
- Lahey Medical Center – Burlington & Peabody locations ##Joseph R. Ackerman 781-744-8662
- Moffitt Cancer Center – Peggy Stines-Munnings 813-745-6285
All other patients please contact The Little Things at 443-228-8584.