THE APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS APPLIED FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
THE ZACHING SPIRIT AWARD SCHOLARSHIP
Are you a high school senior who has exelled in High School while overcoming personal hardship relating to cancer? The Zaching Against Cancer Foundation (ZACF) is proud to present six Spirit Award Scholarships to Maryland students. Hardships include being a cancer survivor, a caregiver for someone with cancer or a relative of a person with cancer. For 2020 the ZACF will provide six $2,500 scholarships to Maryland High School students planning to attend a two or
four year college. Two scholarships will be awarded to Centennial High School Students, two scholarships will be awarded to Howard County students attending any other Howard County High School and two scholarships will be awarded to students attending High School in other Maryland counties. Students at private schools are also welcome to apply.
The criteria for these scholarships are as follows:
- Minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Must be a senior in high school.
- Must plan to attend a two or four year university within the following calendar year of receipt of scholarship.
- Must have overcome some sort of significant hardship, medical challenge and/or family issue relating to cancer during their life.
- Complete the 5 sections of the nomination form, including 3 individual nomination forms.
- Is not a family member of a Zaching Against Cancer Foundation Board or Scholarship Selection Committee Member.